- Questions & Solutions
- Can Splashtop be used to spy on distant staff?
- May somebody use Splashtop to distant into my pc whereas I’m utilizing it to spy on me?
- If I’m remotely accessing a piece pc, may somebody within the workplace see what I’m doing?
- Does Splashtop monitor my internet visitors?
- What if my firm is already utilizing monitoring software program on my work pc?
- What are some finest practices Splashtop customers can observe to forestall from being spied on?
- Study extra about Splashtop
A current New York Instances article titled “How Your Boss Can Use Your Distant-Work Instruments to Spy on You” has led some individuals to fret that Splashtop can be utilized as a device for managers to spy on their staff. This isn’t the case. The Q&A beneath explains and provides tips about learn how to maintain your computer systems protected and defend your privateness.
You're reading: what is splashtop streamer used for
Questions & Solutions
Can Splashtop be used to spy on distant staff?
No. Splashtop is a distant entry device that allows distant staff to entry and management their workplace computer systems.
May somebody use Splashtop to distant into my pc whereas I’m utilizing it to spy on me?
You might want to know: what is the si unit amperes used to measure
When a distant session is established, a big notification will pop up letting the consumer know that the pc is being remotely entry. So, in case you are utilizing a pc and another person remotes into it, you will notice a pop up letting you recognize. Many different distant management options would not have this safety characteristic.
Understand that the one method somebody may entry your work pc is that if 1) they’ve a consumer account inside your group’s Splashtop account, and a couple of) the account administrator set their entry permission to have the ability to entry your pc.
If I’m remotely accessing a piece pc, may somebody within the workplace see what I’m doing?
You possibly can forestall others from seeing what you’re doing by enabling the Clean Display characteristic. This can “clean” the display of the distant pc when you’re accessing and controlling it so individuals bodily in entrance of the workstation are unable to observe you’re employed.
Splashtop customers are in a position to toggle the clean display on/off whereas in a distant session, in addition to the lock distant pc’s key phrase and mouse to forestall tampering when you’re engaged on the pc.
Does Splashtop monitor my internet visitors?
No, Splashtop doesn’t monitor your internet visitors whereas remotely accessing a piece pc.
Nevertheless, if the distant pc is in your firm’s community when you’re remotely accessing it to browse the web, your organization can nonetheless monitor your web exercise as in case you had been utilizing the workplace pc in particular person. Corporations would wish to do that with a separate device as Splashtop doesn’t present any internet monitoring instruments.
What if my firm is already utilizing monitoring software program on my work pc?
The article notes that once you use distant entry software program resembling Splashtop, “the whole lot you do throughout the window of that software occurs on the pc in your workplace. This implies the IT division or firm managers even have the identical kind of pc entry they’ve at a bodily workplace”. If your organization has put in software program in your work pc resembling ActivTrak or SentryPC to trace the net pages you go to, software program you put in, or different exercise, then that monitoring in your work pc will occur no matter whether or not you’re sitting in entrance of it within the workplace or remoting into it from house.
What are some finest practices Splashtop customers can observe to forestall from being spied on?
Listed below are some ideas you’ll be able to observe to guard your privateness whereas working remotely:
Find out: what is a group of magpies called
- Guarantee Clean Display is enabled
- Allow the lock keyboard and mouse options to forestall tampering by others throughout a session
- Confirm that solely you and/or others with clearance have permission to remotely entry your computer systems. Test together with your Splashtop account directors to make sure that entry permissions for all computer systems are up to date.
- Set secondary authentication choices, resembling machine authentication and two-factor verification to forestall unauthorized customers from remoting into your computer systems below your account.
- Keep in mind that in case you’re remotely controlling your workplace pc, any software program your organization makes use of to trace your exercise in your workplace pc can nonetheless be used, simply as in case you had been utilizing the work pc in-person.
Study extra about Splashtop
- See all Splashtop distant entry and distant assist options
- Splashtop safety
- Splashtop compliance
- Easy methods to arrange safe distant entry