- Earlier than you begin, are you new to LEDs? A number of sources:
- SMD 5050 LED Flex Strip mild
- These are examples of 5050 LED mild strips:
- Different sizes: 3020 LED chips and 3014 LEDs in excessive brightness LED strip lights
- So, What does all this imply?
- Ought to I select 5050, 3528, 3020, 3014, or another measurement I’ve by no means heard about?
- LED strip lighting 101: Nice and informative introduction pages:
Comparability between 3528 LEDs and 5050 LEDs: What are SMD 3528 and SMD 5050 LEDs?
This is an easy-to-understand comparability between LED chip numbers and sizes.
You're reading: what is the difference between 3528 and 5050
The completely different numbers correlate to the completely different bodily dimensions of the chip. The numbers 5050, 3528, 2835, and so on correlate to the measurement of the chip in millimeters. Some LEDs are brighter than others and a few give off extra mild per watt.
The LED chip you’ll need will rely in your mission. Learn beneath for extra info.
Earlier than you begin, are you new to LEDs? A number of sources:
LED Strip Mild Product Selector Device – Discover the right strip mild to your mission.
What are LED strip lights and what can they do?
LED Strip Mild Examples and Concepts
Showdown: The Distinction Between LED 3528 vs 5050
LED strip lighting will be manufactured with a wide range of LED chips. The numbers you see similar to 3528 and 5050 check with the scale of the chip. The older model strips which were standard for just a few years now are the sizes seen above. Presently, there are even smaller and extra environment friendly LED chips available on the market with the sizes of 2835, 3014, 5630, and 3020. Every have advantages when used correctly. No “one” chip can rule all of them.
So, what’s the distinction between SMD 5050 and 3528 LEDs and why do you have to care?
SMD 5050 LED Flex Strip mild
Merely put, these LED chips are known as SMD 5050 as a result of the scale of the chips are 5.0mm x 5.0mm. They’ve 3 LED diodes in a single housing (generally known as tri-chips), and are lots brighter than particular person 3528 LED chips.
These are examples of 5050 LED mild strips:
They’re used while you want slight illumination to your mission space and particularly RGB colour altering lights. Theoretically, evaluating the identical variety of chips, SMD 5050 LEDs can supply a light-weight output 3 instances that of the 3528 strips, and subsequently the 5050 LED is properly fitted to lighting up areas that could be topic to excessive ranges of ambient mild. Nonetheless, since they’re bigger in measurement, there are solely so many you possibly can match onto the PCB. There are some brightness restraints when utilizing the 5050s on this means.
Although they produce extra warmth than smaller chips, it’s nonetheless drastically decrease than different lighting choices. A lot of these LEDs require a thicker PCB to attract the warmth away kind the chips.
The 5050’s are completely different from the 3528 LEDs in that 5050s can mix the three completely different chips to contained in the housing to create hundreds of thousands of colour variations.
Read more: what is a window above a door called
Whereas the 5050 chip can be utilized in single colour functions, we’ve got discovered the 5050 LEDs to be higher for the RGB and the 3528 SMD LEDs in excessive density higher for single colour functions.
SMD 3528 LED Strip mild
They’re known as SMD3528 as a result of the dimension of the chip is 3.5mm * 2.8mm. These LED chips (one LED per chip) are vivid however not as vivid because the 5050 facet by facet. Nonetheless, when utilized in increased amount will be brighter then a comparible strip of 5050s.
These lights are nice for TV backlighting, colour splashing partitions, accent lighting for crown molding and footage, beneath tables and cupboards, bars, and so on.
3528 LEDs will be most price efficient, however is not going to be as vivid compared individually to a 5050 chip, however when there are 600 of them on a reel, they are often brighter than a 5050 strip.
Shopping for Tip: When evaluating LED strip lighting between corporations, if each competing strips are utilizing the identical chips, take a look at what number of LED are on the strip and search for lumen output to find out brightness.
Take note of what number of LEDs there are per foot or meter. When trying to find a vivid LED strip mild, be sure to evaluate apples to apples, as not all LED strips are made in the identical means.
Watch: YouTube Video displaying how our 3528 LED strip lights include 600 LEDs per reel As a substitute of 300
3528 LEDs in numerous lighting initiatives
Different sizes: 3020 LED chips and 3014 LEDs in excessive brightness LED strip lights
The UltraBright Collection are of the Brightest LED strips on the earth!
3020 SMD LED chips
3014 LED chips
Although 5050 and 3528 SMD LEDs have been the preferred available on the market for strip lights, the LED market has modified quickly over the previous few years.
Right this moment, there are various LED chips obtainable which are brighter and in addition extra environment friendly. The 3020 SMD LED chips in our Excessive CRI UltraBright Collection and 3014 SMD LED chips in our Architectural Extremely Vivid and Design Collection Extremely Vivid LED strip lights are smaller and extra environment friendly than their predecessors. As a result of the LED sizes are a lot smaller, we have been capable of match many extra of them onto the strip lights, thus creating blindingly vivid LED strips. Our Industrial LED strip lights use a new superior 2835 chip.
Industrial LED strip lights – 2835 LED chips Architectural LED strip Lights – 3014 LED chips Architectural LED strip Lights – 3014 LED chips ColorBright LED Strip Lights – 3528 LED chips
So, What does all this imply?
Ought to I select 5050, 3528, 3020, 3014, or another measurement I’ve by no means heard about?
The dimensions of the chip and what number of chips you’ll need rely on the use for which the LED strips are going for use. We may also help you design your mission and choose the strip and chip wanted, at no cost!
We advocate doing an outline of your mission and asking some fundamental questions.
Begin by deciding what you need/want the lighting for.
- View our Shopping for Information
- What’s the mission? Would you like accent lighting, principal activity lighting, colour altering, lighting a show case, out of doors, and so on?
- Dimmable or non dimmable functionality?
- Which colour would you like?
- Do you require very excessive CRI?
- What brightness is required?
- Do you want it waterproofed?
When buying LEDs, please listen and evaluate the next:
- Look what number of LEDs are on the reel or per foot and the entire lumen (brightness) of the LED strip mild
- Take note of the CRI (Shade Rendering Index) – Our CRIs vary between 80 – 95.
- What number of watts does the strip use?
- Are the UL or ETL security listed?
- Are they dimmable?
- What number of ounces of copper do they use of their PCB to dissipate the warmth? (we use 2-4oz)
- What kind of LED chips are used?
- How are the LEDs binned? (will you get the identical colour each time you order?) *Please be hesitant to buy if the provider doesn’t supply this info, as these are essential specs to know when buying a top quality product.
LED strip lighting 101: Nice and informative introduction pages:
1. What’s an LED strip mild and what can they do?
2. What do I must know earlier than I select an LED strip mild?
3. LED Strip Mild Examples and Concepts
4. LED strip mild product comparability chart
5. How does Flexfire LEDs manufacture the best high quality LED strip lights?
Have Questions? Our design specialists are ready to help you with any query!
You might want to know: what is the meaning of jade